Alumni and friends of the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine have an opportunity to own a piece of college history while supporting its future thanks to the recently launched Brick by Brick program.
A limited quantity of bricks from McAdory Hall, the former large animal teaching hospital built in 1960 and dedicated in memory of Isaac Sadler McAdory, are now for sale. Each brick will come with a special plate attached that bears the image of the modernist building and the phrase “Remembering the Past, Inspiring the Future - McAdory Hall.”
The minimum donation for a brick is $150 with proceeds supporting new barns for food animal and equine research. The future state-of-the-art research facilities will include barns, procedure rooms, and fully equipped research laboratories.
Isaac Sadler McAdory succeeded founding dean Charles Allen Cary as dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine at Auburn in 1935 after Cary’s death. He remained dean until 1940 when he left administration to return to the faculty and the classroom as a professor of large animal medicine and surgery.
At Auburn the mission of food animal research is to enhance animal well-being and performance while preserving or improving the economic viability of the livestock enterprise. The equine health research program supports the interaction of scientists, veterinarians, and students to cultivate and integrate translational and clinical research. Through this collaborative effort, new discoveries in equine disease and treatments are delivered to the equine patient.
Pre-orders for the McAdory Hall commemorative bricks are now being accepted. Checks made payable to the Auburn University Foundation may be mailed to: Jan Chamblin, Auburn University Foundation, 317 South College Street, Auburn, AL 36849.
For information about Brick by Brick, contact the College of Veterinary Medicine at 334-844-6733 or email@example.com.
Contact: Tara Lanier, 334-844-3698, firstname.lastname@example.org