Purpose and Goals
In order to accomplish the mission of the program, specific goals have been established:
- Develop effective mechanisms through which diabetes researchers at Auburn University may collaborate with each other and outside institutions.
- Support the exploration of new research ideas through a small grants program.
- Foster the development of new investigators through a travel grant program.
- Obtain external funding to support new multidisciplinary investigation and ongoing program activities.
- Develop relationships with community leaders interested in diabetes investigation to increase public support for diabetes programs.