Provide a high-quality research experience for 1st and 2nd year veterinary students.
Provide exposure in relevant areas of research to veterinary students so that they may practice a more learned and higher quality of medicine and be better equipped to integrate future research developments into a progressive practice of veterinary medicine.
- Provide high-quality individualized research experiences for first and second year veterinary students under the guidance of experienced mentors directing established research programs.
- Describe and promote application of the scientific method.
- Introduce and apply the concept of hypothesis-driven research so that veterinary students plan and conduct rigorous research plans.
- Introduce advanced modern scientific technologies and approaches to research.
- Provide examples demonstrating how research experience promotes higher quality evidence-based medicine
- Provide examples demonstrating how research experience better equips scholars to integrate future research developments into the progressive practice of veterinary medicine.
- Promote and demonstrate proficient reading of relevant scientific literature.
- Introduce research careers in biomedical science as important and engaging contributions to veterinary medicine.
The deadline for applications is February 1, 2014.
© 2009 Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine