Website Naperville Animal Hospital
Naperville Animal Hospital – voted again one of the top veterinary practices in Chicago
$20,000 signing bonus and 3 weeks vacation in your first year
Naperville Animal Hospital is looking to add an enthusiastic, organized associate veterinarian to their already well-trained team. You will have the ability to work alongside experienced team members who will allow you to be a doctor and assist you throughout the entire client experience. This is a perfect position for a veterinarian that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of pets and people.
The ideal candidate will exceed at working closely with our clients and their pets while providing the pets with a high level of patient care. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to establish their own clientele and play a key role in the growth of the hospital. Naperville Animal Hospital has built their practice on the latest advances in veterinary medicine combined with the ultimate in service and customer care.
- Possess a broad base of knowledge and skills requisite for the practice of veterinary medicine in order to treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery.
- Ability to function in a variety of clinical situations and to render a wide spectrum of patient care.
- Examine animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries.
- Scientific knowledge accompanied by basic intellectual attitudes, ethical professional attitudes and behaviors and moral principles that are essential for a responsible veterinarian to possess.
- Inoculate animals against various diseases and educate clients on the diseases.
- Perform laboratory procedures and diagnostic tests, including radiographic and ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images.
- Administer anesthetics, perform surgery/dentals, and monitor patients during surgery/dentals and recovery with the assistance of the technical team.
- Humanely euthanize animals when it has been mutually agreed upon by the patient’s owner.
- Answer client questions and provide education on various aspects of animal care and treatment. Advise animal owners regarding sanitary measures, feeding, and general care necessary to promote health of their pets.
- Educate the public about diseases that can be spread from animals to humans.
- Call back/follow-up with clients; recommend medical progress visits when appropriate.
- Train and supervise team members who handle and care for animals; as needed.
- Deal with clients and employees in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the healthcare team that will positively influence the level of care and service provided to the clients and patients of Naperville Animal Hospital.
Desired Skills and Experience
- License and be eligible to practice in Illinois
- You must enjoy working individually and as a team and possess a great work ethic.
- You thrive on using good judgment in patient assessment, diagnostics and therapeutics planning.
- Your communication skills must be excellent in order to identify and communicate your knowledge to the team members and clients.
- You have strong people skills, focused on quality of care and excels at assuring client satisfaction.
- Your committed to excellent client service and ensure all team members follow your example.
- You will need to possess strong organizational skills because we are an extremely fast-paced hospital.
Naperville Animal Hospital is an 8-doctor small animal practice that specializes in providing high quality, compassionate and convenient care for our patients. We are proud to assist orphaned animals find their forever homes by providing discounted veterinary services and surgeries to local rescue groups and humane societies. This is something that we continue to do every day of the year. Our employees enjoy working here because we recognize the importance of the relationships between humans and animals and we see our clients and patients as extended family.
You can find us on the web at www.napervilleanimalhospital.com. If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are a drugfree workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org