Website Companion Animal Hospital of Lewisburg TN
Associate veterinarian wanted for busy, small animal hospital.
About Companion Animal Hospital of Lewisburg TN
Companion Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary medical hospital nestled within the beauty of middle Tennessee. Our office is located in Lewisburg, TN. Located one hour away from two major cities, Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL, we offer small town living with big city amenities within easy commutes. At Companion we understand that pets are an important member of the family. Our mission is to provide comprehensive, high quality, affordable care, emphasizing exceptional service and client education. It is our desire to have our clients and patients spend happy, healthy lives together for years to come. Our staff work very hard to explain the need for, and benefits of, preventative care, proper pet diet and acceptable companion pet behaviors. We strive to provide all needed information required that will allow clients to make educated decisions concerning their pet’s care, including necessary surgical and diagnostic services. We believe strongly that pet owner education is an integral part of responsible pet ownership.
Our companion animal practice ranges from wellness and routine surgeries to complex medical case management. In addition, we support two area rescues. We utilize digital radiography, ultrasound, therapeutic laser therapy, in-house IDEXX blood chemistry, urinalysis and CBC testing equipment and IDEXX:Neo, a cloud-based hospital records system.
Contact Dave Anderson, Business Manager at (859) 333-6751 or via email at email@example.com.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in TN
- All experience levels considered, as well as new graduates
- High level of primary/wellness care and surgery, past experience or passion in small animal medicine and surgery
- Emphasis on client education, preventive care and diagnostics including radiology & ultrasound, strong communication skills, desire to participate in team environment, mentor staff and grow professionally
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the
highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on
preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management
of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development and encouragement of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits that include paid vacation, business related expense stipend to be used for: personal medical insurance, dues, continuing education, cell phone,
personal equipment, etc. Simple 401k retirement matching fund after one year of employment.
Total compensation package valued at approximately $75 – $80,000 annually.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org