Website Elam Animal Hospital
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up to date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up to date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend continuing education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of South Carolina.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Proficiency in surgery a plus.
Benefits – competitive salary, growth bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Professional liability coverage
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org