Website Southern Veterinary Partners - Aiken Animal Hospital
We are looking for an enthusiastic Full-Time Veterinarian to join our rapidly growing small animal practice. Our brand new, 6,000 sq.ft. facility is well equipped with Idexx full in-house laboratory, digital radiography, Cornerstone software, and a complete surgery suite. We have a great support staff in place and our clinic has a very fast-paced and varied schedule. We are open Monday through Friday and our doctors rotate limited evenings and weekends.
Our Veterinarian will be responsible for:
- Developing a rapport with clients and determining their needs and wishes; performing physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explaining physical examination findings and communicating to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generating and presenting a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educating clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintaining client/patient medical/surgical records and making certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assisting colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Staying up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attending Continuing Education meetings.
- Assisting in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively representing the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treating every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of South Carolina
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
SVP rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Southern Veterinary Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
To apply for this job please visit southern-veterinary-partners.workable.com.