Website Southern Veterinary Partners - Wilkinson Animal Hospital
Looking for a future opportunity as a small animal veterinarian? We are seeking a hard-working, energetic, self-motivated team player who wants to deliver high quality veterinary medicine & surgery and outstanding customer service. We are a busy, productive, upbeat and expanding practice located 20 minutes from Charlotte, NC that seeks top quality staff who are passionately purpose-driven to help pets and people. Excellent communication skills, a positive, friendly attitude and a desire to constantly improve are a must. Great opportunity for a DVM seeking a long-term position with future leadership potential. Our full-service facility is 5500 sq. ft. is well-equipped with ultrasound, digital radiology, 2 dental suites, surgery, laser, in-house lab, and more.
We are well-organized & well-staffed with an awesome, highly trained, caring support staff that allows you to concentrate on quality small animal veterinary medicine & surgery. Ideal candidate would have a minimum of 1 year experience with interests in ultrasound, preventative medicine, dentistry and surgery. Emergencies handled by local emergency clinic. Great schedule & pay/benefit plan.
Gastonia, North Carolina is just minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina, 2 hours from beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, and 4 hours from the beaches. Gaston County has a growing population of about 220,000 (2015 census) and is becoming more of a bedrock community for the Charlotte area. Climate is a 4-season mild climate.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we are offering a competitive sign-on and relocation bonus!
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
Must meet criteria as a primary qualification: hard-working, self-motivated team players who want to deliver outstanding customer service and top notch veterinary care. Our practice is a fast-paced, challenging environment that demands top quality staff who are purpose-driven to help pets and people. Excellent communication skills, a positive, friendly attitude and a desire to constantly improve are a must.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of NC
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Southern Veterinary Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
To apply for this job please visit southern-veterinary-partners.workable.com.