Website LaGrange Veterinary Hospital
Want to live in one of the greatest little cities in Georgia? Look no further. LaGrange Veterinary Hospital is seeking an associate veterinarian for a full time position available summer of 2019. We are located 1 hour south of Atlanta and less than 1 hour north of Auburn, AL and Columbus, GA. We are a small town that is a lovely place to raise a family. Callaway Gardens and Roosevelt State park is less than 30 minutes away for hiking and camping enthusiasts. We have excellent boating and fishing opportunities on 26,000 acre West Point Lake just minutes from town. Our charming downtown area is home to many excellent restaurants, a movie theater, and the New Wild Leap brewery. The Sweetland amphitheater is walking distance from the downtown area and hosts a variety of well-known musicians as well as our local symphony. We are also home to a new family-friendly Great Wolf Lodge hotel and water park.
We are currently a 3 doctor practice and boarding facility. We practice progressive medicine and have up-to-date state of the art equipment in our 8,000 sq. ft. facility. Our clients are willing to except quality medicine and surgery. You would have access to ultrasound, digital x-ray, in-house blood machines, endoscopy, and a therapeutic laser. We are open to hiring new graduates.
- Must be able to communicate well with clients and work well with others
- This job requires a good knowledge and understanding of basic internal medicine skills, interpreting blood work, evaluating radiographs, and basic ultrasound skills.
- Must have basic surgery skills, i.e. be able to spay, neuter, perform an abdominal exploratory. We offer a variety of surgical procedures and take an active interest in surgery. You will have the opportunity to do or to learn to perform orthopedics, patella luxations, cranial cruciate surgery, complicated dental extractions, tumor removals, etc…
- Would be expected to work during normal clinic hours. Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 8-6pm and Wed 8-12.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 401K retirement plan matching
- Health Insurance
- PLIT and AVMA membership
- Continuing education fees paid
- Paid Vacation
If you are interested in this position please send us your resume or contact us, 706-882-1063:
LaGrange Veterinary Hospital
1200 Lafayette Pkwy.
Lagrange, Ga 30241