Website AZPetVet - Las Sendas Animal Hospital
Who are we?
AZ Pet Vet is a family of animal hospitals located throughout the Greater Phoenix area. In 1984, the first practice (Arrow Animal Hospital) was opened, providing high quality small animal, general practice veterinary care to patients in the Glendale, Arizona area 7 days a week. Today, that one practice has grown to a family of 21 cooperative hospitals, all independently owned, operated, and built upon the principal of outstanding care and solid core values.
What are we looking for?
Honestly, we are looking for those like us. New graduates interested in making a difference in the veterinary community and nurturing the human animal bond. As a new graduate we want you to know that we’ve been there! We remember the unique needs a new graduate has and we embrace that and are excited to be a part of your development and career. For many, your first position as a veterinarian shapes much of how you will practice medicine for the rest of your career. We want to provide you the mentorship and coaching to set you up in your career to be as strong as you can be!
What can we offer?
Coming fresh out of school, many new graduates have 3 major areas of focus when picking where they want to start their career. Those are:
Training (Will I just be thrown out there on my own?!),
Benefits and Pay (Can I afford these student loan payments now!?), and
Work/Life Balance (I just graduated, am I going to get to have a life now?!)
Training- We won’t send you out and forget you!
Our onboarding program is structured, specific, and designed to make sure you feel good and you succeed as a new veterinarian. The onboarding can be somewhat summarized in three parts:
First- A period of time where you learn the computer programs and flow of the practice.
Second – A period of time where you are assigned a mentor to shadow and collaborate on cases.
Third – The time when you start seeing cases individually, anywhere from 30 to 60 days depending on the doctor.
You will also receive all of the following;
- Immediate access via email and phone to over 100 doctors who are able to give opinions on medical cases, labs, x-rays, etc.
- We also mentor and train on the business side of the practice, as collectively the partners, associates, and team members want the business to succeed.
- Access to training on advanced procedures and surgeries throughout our practices.
- We host numerous CE opportunities year-round.
Pay and Benefits- Excellent compensation not based on Production
As a new graduate we know that pay and benefits can be a challenge with most having a mountain of school debt that now is payable. When you are paid on production it creates a competitive environment which stifles culture and creates tension amongst peers. We believe that from day 1 you should be paid for being a Veterinarian and leader at the hospital.
For 2019 Graduates
Full-Time for a new graduate is 9 days in a two-week period. Salary is $91,000/yr., two weeks, 9 days of paid vacation.
Alternately, a new graduate working 8 days in a two-week period. Salary is $81,000/yr., 8 days of paid vacation.
All new graduates receive:
Relocation allowance of $3,000.
School loan repayment subsidy of $2,500.
An initial sign on bonus which is determined by previous work experience and individual accomplishments.
PLUS- you get all of these benefits:
- 3 paid personal days annually.
- 7 paid holidays annually.
- $1,000 in Continuing Education allowance annually.
- All annual dues for AVMA and AzVMA membership.
- Annual VIN membership paid.
- DEA licensing fees, Arizona State License and Exam fees paid.
- Each new grad will have a dedicated week of shadowing our traveling surgeon to observe, discuss, and pick up techniques to assist in their training learning curve.
- Each new doctor will be sent to a dental training course paid for by the practice.
- Generous employer subsidy for medical, vision and dental insurance.
- Employer paid long term disability insurance.
- Employer paid professional liability insurance.
- $10,000 life insurance policy at no cost to you with options for additional benefits
- Ownership opportunities and access to the means to make it happen for you.
Work/Life Balance- we take a Work Hard/Play Hard mentality
As a new graduate, we get it that you want to enjoy your new life as a Veterinarian. You no longer have to live your life inside a book and now you want to experience new things! We get that and have found several ways to try and provide that to our Veterinarians.
- Can’t work full-time? That is good with us! We always have room for great Veterinarians, no matter how many days you can work.
- Quick trip to San Diego or Vegas anyone? Full time schedule is 9 days in a two week pay period. With our flexible scheduling, it makes it easy to get away for a quick trip!
- Go experience new places! Full Time Associate Veterinarians receive 9 days (2 weeks) of Vacation, 3 Personal days and 7 Holiday days paid annually.
- Plus, remember, we take a collaborative approach to patient and client care; no requirement to come in on your day off to do your call backs or continue care of cases.
- Our practices are busy, but we want to provide means for our team members to play and “recharge their batteries”.
- You will get to know many veterinarians for case discussion but more importantly, these same veterinarians have similar interests. Thus, the opportunity to hike, ride horses, exercise, interact with veterinarians with children, other hobbies, etc. In other words, you are joining a family which will help you “settle in”.
- Not from the Phoenix Metro area or Arizona? Veterinarians and other references will help you find locations to live, insurance needs, medical needs, schools, banking needs…and other services you will need to settle in.
- This group participates in organized veterinary medicine. Our doctors have current and past membership on the state association (AzVMA) Board of Directors. We have past AzVMA Presidents, Veterinarians of the Year, and other award recipients.
- On your interactive interviews, you will be able to meet and ask questions of last year’s new graduates. You will also have discussions with younger doctors, two through five years out of school, and then additionally, doctors six years out and more.
- We have a very diverse group of veterinarians and team members. Currently we have graduates from 23 veterinary schools.
Sounds Interesting? We would love to meet with you!
If you are in your 3rd or 4th year and are interested in hearing more, please contact us! We would love a chance to set up a phone interview and then have you come out to meet our team, see our hospitals before making any decisions. If you yourself aren’t interested but you know someone that might be, please pass this along!
After a successful phone interview, we will do an all-expense paid interactive interview which is agreed to, based upon your availability. You will travel here to Phoenix and will be able to meet with our business leadership team and visit several clinics where you will be able to see first-hand, how we operate.
Contact – Joric McLean at HireMe@azpetvet.com
To apply for this job email your details to HireMe@azpetvet.com