Website Family Animal Hospital
Associate Veterinarian Opportunity
About Family Animal Hospital
Family Animal Hospital is a brand new clinic opening in the Tampa Bay area located in West Central Florida. FAH is open 7 days a week from 7a to 7p. Our clinic is fully equipped with digital radiology (full body and dental), in-house blood machines, cold laser, a dedicated surgery suite, a dental area, as well as a traveling ultrasonographer for internal medicine consult. Specialty hospitals within a 30 minute drive. FAH staff consists of some of the most passionate, caring, and talented group of technicians, dedicated to personalized and preventative care for clients and their furry family members.
We are currently looking for an associate veterinarian who is invested in providing top quality care for our patients. This can be a full time or part time position. While experience as a DVM is desirable, new graduates are highly encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate has an outgoing personality, excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and is confident in medicine and surgery. True to the Family Animal Hospital name, the candidate should have a strong desire to form bonds with patients, their owners, as well as the staff.
Base salary with a quarterly bonus, production based. Will provide CE allowance and association dues, 2 weeks paid vacation per year. Since FAH is a brand new clinic, additional benefit packages, such as insurance and retirement funds, will be added at a later date.
FAH will be opening in Gibsonton, FL, just 30 minutes south of the Tampa Bay area and just 40 minutes away from the breathtaking and world-renowned St. Petersburg/Clearwater beaches. The clinic will serve the communities of Apollo Beach, Riverview, Ruskin, Sun City and Gibsonton.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A DVM or related degree from an accredited university.
- Current license issued in the state of Florida.
- DEA license recommended.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
- Ability to lift and carry animals up to 40 lbs (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs).
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
If interested in this opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume/CV to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org