Website Reproduction Enterprises Inc.
We are in search of a veterinarian who is interested and passionate about what we do wants to learn and grow with the new technology and help us grow our business.
Contact Hutch Hutchens 405-880-5049
OBJECTIVE: Staff Veterinarian will oversee and participate in application of the numerous services offered. REI has been involved in semen collection and processing since 1978 and has been a member of National Association of Animal Breeders (NAAB) for several years. REI has maintained Certified Semen Services (CSS) certification status with NAAB since 1982. Semen processing and freezing has expanded to include caprine, equine, white tail deer and canine, in addition to bovine. In 1980, REI began embryo transfer services in cattle. REI has operated as a certified facility for over 15 years with the American Embryo Transfer Association (AETA). REI desires to expand their female reproductive services to include many of the same species in which we are cryogenically preserving semen. Staff veterinarian will have the opportunity to be responsible for expanding products and services.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: USDA Accredited DVM
- Oversee and participate in application of veterinary services offered in-clinic and on-farm
- Assist in the performance of other services and products provided by REI
- Assist in the expansion of veterinary services and any assisted reproductive technologies
- Oversee health program for Reproduction Enterprises, Inc.
- Individual will be required to be knowledgeable of Certified Semen Services (CSS) requirements and maintain and oversee all necessary health records
- Staff veterinarian will be required to successfully complete AETA certification within one year
- Excellent people and managerial skills
- Ability to work with different personality types
- Conflict resolution skills
- Influence others on how to act and think
- Communicate expectations and ask for feedback
- Individual must handle animals in a manner that maximizes safety to both people and animals
- Ability to communicate clearly with all parties involved when handling animals
- Ability to show respect for animals and people at all times
- Ability to utilize scientific literature and communicate technical information to a nontechnical audience, both in writing and verbally
- Must possess good computer and technical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Individual must be able to demonstrate proficiency with in-house office equipment and computer software
- Capable of operating all equipment used for semen collection and processing
- Individual must have a strong work ethic
- Ability to demonstrate initiative on a daily basis
- Develop and plan activities to ensure proper completion in a timely manner
- Accomplish work through the effective management of employees and time
- Will be expected to work some weekends and be able to work 60 hours per week during the fall and spring breeding seasons
BENEFITS: Paid health insurance, 401k contribution and paid vacation and sick leave