Website The Bridge Clinic
Position Summary: The Bridge Clinic is a fast-growing, community-minded organization whose mission is to provide the best veterinary care at low, competitive prices. We are a not-for-profit institution, connected to Rescue Purrfect, our no-kill shelter.
We serve a vast customer base throughout lower Bucks County, PA and parts of Philadelphia and New Jersey, including public customers and rescue/shelter partners.
Our Veterinarians are instrumental in providing affordable care to our community of customers, partners, and Rescue Purrfect residents and fosters. Tasks include anything from performing routine wellness exams and vaccines to sick visits, dental work and prescribing appropriate medication when necessary.
Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Our ideal candidate is compassionate, rescue-minded, and knowledgeable of most cutting-edge veterinary procedures, taking in to consideration the whole health of the animal
- Veterinarians must provide outstanding customer service to clients, educating public clients on responsible pet care in a supportive manner
- Must be a positive team player who will work collaboratively with Clinic Director, veterinary technicians, and office staff to ensure a positive, effective experience for both customer and patient. Proper maintenance of medical paperwork, prescriptions, and other functions required
- Must possess excellent diagnostic skills, drawing from best practices within veterinary medicine; expectation that prescription of drugs and execution of veterinary practice is performed in accordance with proper industry standards and legal guidelines
- Be a cheerleader for the mission and vision of the Bridge Clinic and Rescue Purrfect, supporting the continued growth and development of the organization
- Other duties, as assigned. Minor dentistry may be performed as needed
Wellness veterinarian will be responsible for standing and moving for several consecutive hours, bending, and lifting small to large animals. Veterinarians will at times be required to manage and physically retrain uncooperative, feral or aggressive animals. There is a potential for exposure to rabies. For this reason, up-to-date vaccinations are strongly recommended. There is a potential for exposure to zoonotic diseases; as such, optimal health and cleanliness standards must be kept for both staff and patients.
- Candidates must have a degree in veterinary medicine
- Candidates must be licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the State of Pennsylvania, and be eligible for a DEA license
Experience, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Candidate must have work experience in veterinary medicine
- Candidate should have, or be eligible to obtain their own liability insurance
- Must be able to maintain a joyful, positive demeanor in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Must maintain detailed, informative and effective communication with both clients and co-workers
- Must demonstrate a degree of flexibility in tenuous or difficult circumstances
At Will Employment:
The Bridge Clinic is an at-will employer. Your employment with our organization is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or The Bridge Clinic at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in these policies shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of The Bridge Clinic employees.
Please send resume and cover letter to Chase Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com