Domestic Pet Owners
What you need to do when you are taking your pet to a rabies-free country or island:
- Explore the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) website to get the information about the country where you are going to travel.
- Find a USDA accredited veterinarian near you.
- If traveling to Hawaii, check the Hawaii Animal Quarantine Information page.
Information after your sample arrives:
- To check the status of your test, visit the Microchip Search page.
- Any questions regarding details, payments, or results should be directed to your veterinarian and/or clinic.
- Do not call the lab. We do not release information to pet owners.
Questions regarding the timing of the vaccine/serum draw should be discussed with your veterinarian. We suggest you use the destination country’s guidelines as each country/authority has different criteria for travel.