Other Serology Tests
Effective November 1, 2023:
- We will NO LONGER be offering the following tests: CAV-2 antibody titer and FCoV antibody titer.
Beginning October 1, 2023:
- There will be a $5.00 accession fee (per accession).
- You can use the Pathobiology Diagnostic Services Online Portal to submit requests, access your most recent laboratory reports, review previous results and pay your bill online.
- You do not need to create an account prior to submitting your first sample. We will create an account for you once your sample has been received by the lab.
- You will be invoiced on the first of each month.
Completely fill out the submission form before sending in your sample and include the form with the submitted sample.
- Vaccine titers: CDV, CPV, CHV
- RFFIT : Rabies antibody titer
- Diagnostic titers: (IFA) CDV, CPV, Ehrlichia canis, Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Lyme, Neospora, RMSF, Toxoplasma
- Antigen Stains: CHV antigen (FA)
- Canine Snap 4DX Plus
- Vaccine titers: Feline calicivirus, panleukopenia, FHV, RFFIT
- Diagnostic titers: (IFA) Feline panleukopenia, Toxoplasma
- Antigen Stains: FeLV antigen (IFA)
- FeLV & FIV Combo
If you are concerned about FCoV – please visit our Molecular Diagnostics website and view their test offering for FIP.
- Lyme titer (IFA)
- Rabies antibody titer (RFFIT)
The current turnaround time for our serology tests is 2-3 business days. The current turnaround time for the RFFIT is 1-2 weeks.
- Clearly label all samples appropriately with the animal’s first and last name.
- We require at least 0.50 mL of serum for all Vaccine and Diagnostic titer submissions. Do not send whole blood.
- For antigen stains, DO NOT fix slides before sending; air dry only and DO NOT include an ice pack.
Put into a small shipping box the following:
- Plastic bag containing sample tube labeled with the animal’s name
- Plastic bag containing the submission form
- Plastic bag containing a small frozen gel pack
- Bubble wrap or packing peanuts for cushioning
- Paper towel or other absorbent material in case of leakage
Samples should not be in transit for more than 2 days. Ship via United Parcel Service (UPS) or Federal Express (FedEx). Please do not ship samples on Friday. The Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine has a FedEx label generator that ships at a flat rate charged to your accession; see FedEx Shipping below for the link and more details.
The Serology-Virology Lab is open to accept packages Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm Central time (CT), excluding state holidays. Send samples to:
Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine
261 Greene Hall
1130 Wire Road
Auburn, AL 36849-5519
Our FedEx label will be a FLAT RATE of $25.00 based on a 1-5 lb package size of under 12″ x 12″ x 12″. If the package is over 12″ x 12″ x 12″, dimensional pricing will be used and you will be billed the larger amount: length x width x height divided by 139.
Monday – Friday deliveries ONLY. Excludes holidays.
To create a label to ship a sample to us, follow the steps below:
- Select and complete submission form for the laboratory you are submitting, print this form, place in the package with the specimen.
- Complete the Federal Express Label Request Form and click the “Create FedEx Label” button. You will receive an email with your label, the estimated cost of shipping (please use this information to appropriately charge your client), and tracking number.
- Please print label and affix to package.
When we receive your package the charge will be added to your account (if you do not send your specimen you will not be charged for shipping). If there is an additional charge for weight and/or you schedule a pick-up, there will be an additional charge and this will be added to your account.
A complete list of fees can be found on the Pathobiology Diagnostics Services online catalog.