Current DVM Students
The Office of Academic Affairs leads and facilitates a wide variety of support services and activities directly impacting students in the professional veterinary degree program such as:
- Assistance with financial aid, obtaining medical insurance and access to medical care.
- First year student orientation focused on professional relationships, learning resources, effective use of educational technology, understanding learning preferences, personal management of financial challenges, team building, managing stress, wellness and an introduction to college clubs and activities.
- Peer mentorship programs
- Leadership for 20 professional student clubs and organizations
- Provides access to on-site mental health and wellness counselors.
- Access to an on-site financial counselor through support from the Alabama and Kentucky Veterinary Medical Associations
- Support and assistance in professional writing support in the on-site Miller Writing Center satellite location.
- Assistance for students with disabilities as directed by the Auburn University Office of Accessibility.
- Access to multiple external resources needed to optimally assist students facing unique situations.
- Assistance with externship and preceptorship selection.
- Access to an on-site career counselor for career guidance and job placement.
- Facilitates annual third-year student White Coat Ceremony which honors the transition of professional students moving from classroom and laboratory to clinical education.
Contact the Office of Academic Affairs for additional information and guidance for these and other resources.
Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine Office of Academic Affairs
217 Veterinary Education Center, Auburn, AL 36849
(334) 844-2685 | email@example.com
Prospective DVM Student Information
Veterinary Licensing Information
In order to practice veterinary medicine, aspiring veterinarians must pass the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE) administered by the International Council for Veterinary Assessment (ICVA). The ICVA offers the NAVLE twice a year: once in Fall and again in Spring. Information about the examination, as well as a link to practice examinations, is available on the ICVA’s NAVLE website. Please pay close attention to the deadline dates. These dates are firm, and if missed, the applicant must wait until the next offering of the exam.
In addition to the NAVLE, each state may require a separate examination covering the veterinary laws and regulations for that state. One state licensing exam must be chosen when applying to take the NAVLE. Applicants should review the information contained on the ICVA website for their chosen state’s board of veterinary medical examiners. Links to veterinary examiner boards in other states and Canada may be found on the ICVA website.
DVM Student and Professional Resources
Auburn University Academic Resources
Auburn University Career Center
Student Life Resources
Auburn University Student Center
Diversity & Multicultural Affairs
Marriage & Family Therapy Center
2022 Fall Semester
|Aug 1||Class of 2026 Welcome Lunch||Mon|
|Aug 8||Start of Fall Semester||Mon|
|Sep 5||Labor Day||Mon|
|Sep 9||VEA Exam (Class of 2023)||Fri|
|Oct 6-7||Fall Break||Thur-Fri|
|Oct 20-23||AU CVM Annual Conference||Thur-Sun|
|Oct 23||Career Connect||Sun|
|Oct 31||Public Health Career Forum||Mon|
|Nov 2||Phi Zeta Day||Wed|
|Nov 21-25||Thanksgiving Holidays||Mon-Fri|
|Dec 9||Last Day of Finals||Fri|
2023 Spring Semester
|Jan 3||Start of Spring Semester||Tues|
|Jan 16||Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday||Mon|
|Feb 10||Rest and Recuperation Day (1st & 2nd year only)||Fri|
|Feb 18||White Coat Ceremony (3rd year students)||Sat|
|Feb 23||Scholarship & Award Donors’ Dinner||Thur|
|Feb 25||Accepted Students’ Day||Sat|
|Mar 6-10||Spring Break||Mon-Fri|
|Mar 16-19||SAVMA National Symposium (U of Illinois)||Thur-Sun|
|May 5||Last Day of Finals||Fri|
|May 8||CVM Graduation||Mon|