The Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine has graduated untold numbers of individuals who have achieved at the highest levels of the profession and whose contributions have made a collective difference in every area of One Health. These individuals should be recognized for their achievements and success; to this end, the annual Wilford S. Bailey Distinguished Alumni Awards were established.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- must be an alumnus of Auburn’s College of Veterinary Medicine who holds either a professional or advanced degree;
- known for his or her accomplishments in veterinary medicine; and/or
- have made outstanding contributions to his or her community and the advancement of animal and human health.
One recipient will be awarded in each of the following categories:
- Private Practice
- Other, Research and Public Policy (includes government, industry and military service)
In addition to nominee and nominator name and contact information, completed nomination packets must include the following:
- Overview statement stating why you believe the nominee is a distinguished alumnus.
Official nomination letter by nominator
Nominee’s curriculum vitae including: educational and/or professional training; current and previous professional activity; professional and educational organizations; participation in civic, community or other organizations; and honorary societies and/or special awards.
Two (2) letters of support
The 2022 award recipients will be honored during a special ceremony in Spring 2022. For completed nomination materials will be accepted via electronic form submission below no later than February 14, 2022. All required information and materials must be entered into the following electronic form for the nomination to be considered for the 2022 awards presentation.