The Auburn University Veterinary Clinic is a full-service, primary-care community practice designed to provide state-of-the-art preventative, diagnostic, wellness and therapeutic care for canine, feline, avian and exotic small animals in all stages of life. Our mission is to provide excellent patient care and exceed the expectations of our clients while contributing to the clinical education of our senior veterinary students.
Bring any current medication(s) that your animal is taking as well as proof of vaccination and medical records to your appointment. Medical records can be faxed or emailed directly to our office.
Client parking is complementary and located directly in front of the Bailey Small Animal Teaching Hospital which is adjacent to the Auburn University Veterinary Clinic.
Returning clients needing prescription refills should call the pharmacy directly at (334) 844-6721 to avoid extended wait times.
- Wellness care for all life stages
- Parasite control
- Nutritional counseling
- Diagnosis and primary management of common diseases
- Health certificates
- Preventive dentistry
- Dental radiography
- Dental extractions
- Other minor surgical procedures
Canine and feline appointments are generally scheduled from 9:00am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday. Avian and exotic appointments are generally scheduled Monday through Friday from 9:30-11:00am. Periodic schedule variations may occur due to holidays, specialist availability, etc. Call the clinic at (334) 844-9966 for additional information and to schedule appointments.
What to Expect
Wellness appointments generally take one hour, however a more complicated appointment may require more time, so prepare accordingly. Please also remember that this is a student teaching hospital, and the educational process does extend appointment times when compared to private practitioners. We appreciate your patience and understanding while allowing both our clinicians and future Auburn veterinarians to care for your pet.
During your visit:
- Your scheduled visit to the Auburn University Veterinary Clinic will begin with check-in at the reception desk and completion of necessary paperwork for new patients.
- Once check-in is complete, a veterinary technician will greet you to escort you and your pet to a private examination room.
- In the examination room, a 4th-year veterinary student will collect information about your pet’s history and current health before performing a physical examination.
- After the initial physical examination, the student will consult with a faculty member who will then conduct a second examination to confirm the student’s findings.
- Together, the faculty member and student will create a treatment plan for your pet and discuss next steps, costs and options with you.
If your pet requires further testing or consultation with a specialized service, he or she may be transferred or admitted to the teaching hospital for continued care. In cases where additional treatment is needed and authorized, you will be required to sign an itemized estimate/treatment plan and pay any necessary deposits before further diagnostics or treatments are performed. (see payment information below)
Tips for a Stress-Free Feline Visit
Bringing your cat to the vet can be stressful. The two videos below provide some helpful tips on how to reduce the stress of veterinary visits for you and your feline friend.
For more information on acclimating your cat to his carrier, visit www.catvets.com/cat-to-vet
Auburn/Opelika Area Accommodations
The Hotel at Auburn University – 241 S. College Street, (334) 821-8200. Discounted rates available through online reservation for owners of pets receiving treatment at the Auburn University Teaching Hospital (not available during sold out dates, graduation, home football weekends and other special events).
- Towne Place Suites by Marriott, 1117 South College Street, (334) 466-8390
- Staybridge Suites by IHG, 2061 S. College Street, (334) 591-8300
- Econo Lodge – 2145 S. College Street, (334) 826-8900
- Microtel Inn – 2174 S. College Street, (334) 826-1444
- Quality Inn – 1212 Mall Parkway, (334) 502-5020
- Home-Towne Suites – 1188 Commerce Drive, (334) 826-1123
- Crenshaw Guesthouse – 371 N. College Street, (334) 821-1131
Meet the Team
1220 Wire Road, Auburn, Alabama 36832
Phone: (334) 844-9966
All fees are due at time of service. Hospitalizations require a deposit at intake equal to half of the high estimate with remaining balance due at discharge. Owners will be notified of revised estimates due to additional necessary treatments or if additional charges for lab work, etc. are incurred after discharge. Payment accepted in the form of cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. Contact our Billing Office at (334) 844-4690 with any questions about your bill or for CareCredit assistance.