Wilford & Kate Bailey Small Animal Teaching Hospital
The Wilford and Kate Small Animal Teaching Hospital is one of the nation’s leading medical facilities for animal health care while also providing the companion animal clinical education for future veterinarians. The 208,000-square-foot facility is one of the largest and most technologically advanced teaching and referral hospitals in the country.
It is named to honor the late Dr. Wilford and Cratus “Kate” Bailey. Dr. Bailey, a 1942 graduate of the College of Veterinary Medicine, served 50 years of continuous academic and administrative service to Auburn, including serving as Auburn University’s 13th President. The Baileys practiced the highest standards in their personal and professional lives, and the hospital was named for them in recognition of their generosity, humility and kindness.
Through primary patient care and the teaching hospital’s 13 clinical services, the Bailey Small Animal Teaching Hospital provide state-of-the-art care for more than 13,000 companion animal patients per year.
The facility also houses a centralized Pharmacy, a Clinical Pathology Department, an 82-seat conference room and smaller meeting rooms as well as offices for faculty and staff.