Website Indian Hills Animal Clinic
Indian Hills Animal Clinic in Tuscaloosa, Alabama is looking for a full-time Associate Veterinarian. Experienced clinicians, as well as motivated new graduates are encouraged to apply!
We are a small animal hospital offering services for dogs, cats, and a few exotics and pocket pets. We deliver high quality care by providing preventive, diagnostic, surgical, and dental services. We have a modern facility with state of the art equipment including Avimark software, digital radiography, DVM Solutions monitoring, and IM3 dental equipment in an upscale community where our recommendations are generally accepted.
We are seeking a hardworking, energetic, self-motivated team member who wants to deliver high quality veterinary medicine, surgery, and excellent client services. Our veterinary hours are Monday through Friday and emergencies are handled by the local emergency clinics. This is also a great opportunity for a DVM seeking a long-term position with future leadership potential. We have a caring, well organized technical staff that are highly trained in diagnostics, nursing skills, and client communication allowing you to concentrate on quality small animal veterinary medicine and surgery. There are also many specialists close by, whom we consult and refer to frequently. Our clinic allows you to maintain a healthy balance of professional work and personal life enjoyment.
Tuscaloosa is a “college town” in West Alabama 50 minutes from Birmingham. There are abundant outdoor activities including bike and jogging trails, water sports, and numerous country clubs with golf and tennis. The University of AL Schools of Music and Fine Arts are highly ranked among colleges and offer many performances and shows including guests from all over the nation. From regular airshows with hot air balloons and Blue Angels to the new Amphitheater on the river with guests such as John Mayer, Dave Matthews, and famous country artists, there is a lot of entertainment to choose from. It is a great location for families and singles!
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventive health care, including vaccines, prevention products, and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay current with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Represent the hospital throughout the community in a positive manner.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Alabama
- Professional presence and appearance, with excellent social skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respectful to, compassionate toward, and a willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold the hospital’s great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practice the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
We reward you with a competitive salary, growth bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Please view our website at indianhillsac.com for more information about our clinic and staff.
For questions contact Dr. Philip Smith.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org