Cedar Creek Animal Hospital
Associate veterinarian works with the practice owner to define and implement practice medical policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care. They deliver medical, surgical and dental care to patients, and supervise medical staff members. They also may perform management activities including review of the practice key performance indicators, new business development, facility expansion, staff continuing education, and marketing activities. This is a leadership position with the additional responsibility of ensuring a positive work environment in which the practice achieves its goals.
MEDICAL AND SURGICAL
- Provides compassionate care to patients.
- Works with owners to set practice medical policies and procedures; performs all duties in accordance with them.
- Performs physical examinations using preliminary dates provided by the veterinary technicians; diagnoses physical condition and presents diagnostic and treatment alternatives to the client.
- Performs medical, surgical and dental procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital policy.
- Interprets the results of laboratory procedures and determines the appropriate protocol based on the results; reads radiographs and interprets EKGs and EEGs; prescribes medications.
- Promptly and accurately updates client records.
- Plans and carries out a significant program of personal medical continuing education.
- Takes time to communicate effectively with clients, presenting them with treatment alternatives and being sensitive to their emotional as well as financial status.
- Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of the client-centered environment.
- Helps to develop new programs and processes that meet clients’ changing needs.
- Supervises veterinary technicians; works with them to assess their current skill level and to plan and implement their continuing education and growth; regularly schedules performance reviews.
- Delivers in-house medical training to the support staff.
- Is accessible by staff while maintaining doctor/staff professional relationship.
- Works toward and attains practice productivity standards.
- With the owners, periodically reviews the key performance indicators and plans for changes as indicated.
- Works with the owners on plans for developing and growing the business.
- Is active in professional organizations.
- Works with the practice owner to plan for facility maintenance, expansion, redesign to ensure a facility that is not only medically efficient but visually appealing to client and staff.
- Assists the marketing effort by participating in community activities that focus on the veterinary profession.
- Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains core values and standards.
- Takes an active role in practice staff meetings but ensures that all staff members participate.
- Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- V.M. licensed in current state.
- Experience as a D.V.M. in a practice.
- Excellent medical and surgical skills.
- Significant continuing education achievements, beyond licensing requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with both staff and clients.
- Ability to recognize that teamwork is essential for a quality practice; ability to work as a team member as well as a doctor.
- Working knowledge of and interest in the business aspect of a veterinary practice.
- Willingness to perform management responsibilities.
- Willingness to work emergencies or extra hours when needed.
- Interest in marketing and growth of the practice
- Display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients.
- Work almost constantly in the presence of other staff members and clients.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Perform basic computer skills.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com