Website Best Friends Animal Society
Position: Mixed Practice Veterinarian
Reports to: Medical Director
Location: Best Friends Animal Society (Kanab, Utah)
Veterinary opportunity of a lifetime: Join our team at the largest animal sanctuary in the country! Help to save lives in our new state-of-the-art hospital where we pride ourselves on offering homeless pets the same top-of-the-line care that animals with the most loving families would have their vets provide. The new 13,000-square-foot facility offers a private room for shy community cats to stay before and after spay/neuter surgery, a dedicated dental suite, a state-of-the-art laboratory, an x-ray suite, an ultrasound room and many more features that allow us to provide top-notch care. So follow your dream and come live among the beautiful red rock canyons, and put your veterinary experience to work for the animals who need you most – homeless pets.
The Mixed Practice Veterinarian will provide quality medical care for a variety of species including large and small animals. Veterinary services are provided to our sanctuary animals, employee animals, and some public animals (i.e. other rescue groups’ animals, and low income family pets).
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VMD) or equivalent required.
- Experience with large animals a must. There are a variety of species in our large animal department including horses, mules, donkeys, goats, sheep and pigs.
- Interest in or experience with other species such as parrots, rabbits, and wildlife are a plus.
- Proficient at spays and neuters of dogs and cats.
- Interest in shelter medicine.
- Work experience preferred, but new graduates will be considered for the position.
- License in good standing with state veterinary board.
- Must be licensed (or obtain a license) in the state of UT.
- License or application in progress for license with Drug Enforcement Agency.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org