Website Murray State University, Breathitt Veterinary Center
Our mission at the Breathitt Veterinary Center (BVC) is to provide rapid, accurate diagnostic data that enables veterinarians to make appropriate treatment decisions.
Murray State University is searching for a Veterinarian with practice and animal diagnostic laboratory experience to serve as the Case Coordinator for Murray State University’s Breathitt Veterinary Center in Hopkinsville, KY.
Breathitt Veterinary Center Vet Case Coordinator – Assistant Professor
Responsibilities & Duties
- Liaison with referring veterinarians, owners, staff, food producers, government agencies, and other laboratories.
- Receives diagnostic samples for testing (e.g., takes case history, unloads animals, preparing and routing laboratory samples, etc.) Review and coordinate on all non-tissue/pathology laboratory cases; release diagnostic laboratory reports and ensure accuracy, clarity and completeness.
- Supervises shipping and receiving personnel. Ensures Receiving Area is manned during all business hours (including lunch).
- Coordinates customer training and professional education (e.g., shipping, submissions, reporting, continuing education programs, etc.)
- Monitors current processes and policies for receiving and routing incoming cases; ensures regulatory compliance to include accreditation standards, develops new procedures and policies as needed.
- Participates in and ensures compliance with the quality management, biosafety, and bio-security programs.
- Participates in weekend and holiday duty rotation.
- Provide instruction as required for the Animal Health Technology curriculum and shares in training externship students.
- Perform special projects as determined by the Head Veterinary Pathologist.
Requirements – Education and Experience
- DVM or VMD or equivalent degree from an institution accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Ability to manipulate large animal carcasses.
- Food and companion animal practice experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, supervisory, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Problem solving ability to troubleshoot deficiencies, identify corrective actions, evaluate new processes and materials/equipment, implement plans, and develop preventive actions.
- Pleasant, proactive personality with the ability to handle demanding situations.
Preferred – Education and Experience
- Two years’ experience in diagnostic laboratory
- Broad Knowledge of Laboratory Disciplines
- Internal medicine experience
- Master’s degree/internship/residency in an applicable scientific discipline
- Willingness to relocate to nearby locality
Application Deadline: April 17, 2015
To apply please visit: http://www.murraystatejobs.com/postings/4066. When applying, electronically submit (with online application) a Curriculum vitae, unofficial transcript, three references with contact information, and a cover letter describing training and work experience.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Murray State University is an equal education and employment opportunity, M/F/D, AA employer. Breathitt Veterinary Center participates in the DHS E-verify program.
To apply for this job please visit www.murraystatejobs.com.