Website Vital Pet-Multiple Practices
We are seeking an energetic veterinarian for a fast paced, team oriented community veterinary practice where the highest standard of medicine is practiced. Candidate must be friendly, outgoing, demonstrate a positive attitude, and have professional mannerism and appearance. Must be a self motivated, team player who is attentive to detail, able to earn the respect of clients and colleagues, and able to make and communicate decisions. Candidate should be able to work under stress, be effective at oral and written communication, and be willing to learn and use the computer.
- Delivering complete and up-to-date veterinary care, including examinations, diagnosis, medical procedures, dental procedures, and surgical procedures while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Managing clients, including recommending and explaining the appropriate medical care and keeping clients informed both in the exam room and over the telephone
- Managing staff, ensuring an atmosphere of cooperating and mutual respect
- Maintaining and developing accurate patient records, including completing SOAP and maintaining all the necessary logs
- Clearly prescribing detailed directions regarding drug doses, routes, times, and rates for procedures and instructions for patient monitoring
- Dealing professionally and honestly with clients and colleagues, and be willing to assist and coach others to foster a team learning environment
- Representing the practice both in the community and in the profession through events
- Committing to continually improving the quality of patient care through studying veterinary journals and attending seminars
Applicants must be in good standing with the state board, have good computer skills, and be willing to work 4 to 5 days weekly with alternating Saturdays. New graduates are welcome to apply, although experience is a plus. A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, is required from an accredited university.
VitalPet (www.vitalpet.com) is a fast growing group of quality veterinary hospitals. Our mission statement, “Celebrating and Protecting the Lifelong Love of Pets”, reflects the passion of our team. Our culture, based on doctor driven medicine, is to empower our amazing people and provide a career track and growth opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.vitalpet.com.