Website Best Friends Animal Society
Position title: Veterinarian – Utah Program
Reports to: Manager – Veterinary Services
Location: Best Friends – Utah – Salt Lake City (South Ogden and/or Orem)
Position Summary: Work as part of a progressive veterinary team overseeing the on-site and foster home care of 400-500 homeless pets, ranging from newborn kittens to dogs and cats with health challenges. Support local spay/neuter efforts within the state to help reduce the number of pets entering shelters. Work within a fully outfitted HQHVSN clinic equipped with new heated surgery tables, as well as oxygen concentrators and on-site blood machines. Provide quality veterinary care for Best Friends Animal Society program animals. This includes performing medical and diagnostic exams as needed for all pets in care, along with overseeing general population health and movement through different programs to an adoptions outcome. In addition, support our mission and goals by providing quality high volume spay and neuter surgeries, other general (minor) surgeries, medical care, and vaccination services at our high quality high volume spay and neuter clinic.
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VMD) or equivalent required.
- Accredited through the USDA APHIS National Veterinary Accreditation Program or be willing to obtain accreditation if requested for health certificate services.
- Proficiency in spays and neuters of dogs and cats.
- Ability to competently manage surgical complications and/or emergency treatment as the situation requires.
- Knowledge of and passion in continuing education in the field of shelter medicine, high volume high quality spay and neuter, and population medicine.
- Must be able to work with and safely handle all conditions and temperaments of cats and dogs, including those with health concerns/conditions and as well as behavioral issues.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a license in good standing with the state veterinary board upon hire.
- Work experience preferred in shelter and/or high volume spay and neuter setting.
- Comfortable working with and/or around community (feral) cats.
- License in good standing with Drug Enforcement Agency.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com