Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to providing the highest standard of veterinary medical education. The college is committed not only to training students to become veterinarians but also to providing veterinary practitioners and alumni with opportunities for professional development through high quality, practical continuing education.
Auburn University Veterinary Academy is designed for practitioners looking for more in-depth, intensive continuing education experiences. Members of the academy can attend multiple single focus CE seminars throughout the year, allowing them to gain more comprehensive knowledge of specific areas of veterinary medicine. For the convenience of practitioners traveling from a distance and/or working Saturday hours, seminars will be held from 2-6 p.m. on Saturdays and continue from 8 a.m.-noon on Sundays.
Auburn Vet Med continues to follow the university’s COVID-19 events guidelines for all in-person continuing education opportunities. Currently, this includes physical distancing and all attendees being required to wear masks or face coverings for the duration of the event. Our first two Academy seminars will be offered via Zoom for those who prefer not to attend in person.
- Quarterly Seminars (eight hours of CE per seminar)
- Annual Conference Registration (20 hours of CE)
- Intensive, practical subject information to take back to your practice
- Opportunities to network with likeminded colleagues committed to seeking high quality continuing education
- Certificate of Completion for each seminar
- Membership Acknowledgement certificate
- Annual Membership Dues $750
- Three seminars running Saturday afternoon through lunch on Sunday
- Full registration access to Annual Conference
- Times: Saturday 2-6 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m.—noon
- Boxed Lunch provided on Sunday
- Printed notes for each seminar
- Total of 44 hours of continuing education provided annually
- May 15-16: Clinical Pathology*
- July 24-25: Dermatology*
- September 16-18: Annual Conference & J.T. Vaughan Equine Conference*
- November 6-7: Abdominal Radiographic Interpretation
*Single seminar registration option is available
For additional details contact Meredith Smildsin.