Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to providing the highest standard of veterinary medical education. The college is committed not only to training students to become veterinarians but also to providing veterinary practitioners and alumni with opportunities for professional development through high quality, practical continuing education.
Auburn University Veterinary Academy is designed for practitioners looking for more in-depth, intensive continuing education experiences. Members of the academy can attend multiple single focus CE seminars throughout the year, allowing them to gain more comprehensive knowledge of specific areas of veterinary medicine. For the convenience of practitioners traveling from a distance and/or working Saturday hours, seminars will be held from 2-6 p.m. on Saturdays and continue from 8 a.m.-noon on Sundays.
- Quarterly Seminars (eight hours of CE per seminar)
- Annual Conference Registration (20 hours of CE)
- Intensive, practical subject information to take back to your practice
- Opportunities to network with likeminded colleagues committed to seeking high quality continuing education
- Certificate of Completion for each seminar
- Membership Acknowledgement certificate
- End-of-year banquet
- Annual Membership Dues $750
- Three seminars running Saturday afternoon through lunch on Sunday
- Full registration access to Annual Conference
- Times: Saturday 2-6 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m.—noon
- Sunday lunch provided
- Printed notes for each seminar
- Total of 44 hours of continuing education provided annually
- The March 21-22 continuing education event has been canceled due to change in university operations in response to COVID-19. Information regarding a reschedule date will be distributed soon.
March 21-22: Emergency and Critical Care –
Speakers: Kathy Gerken, Kendon Kuo, Maureen McMichael
- May 16-17: Abdominal Radiographic Interpretation
Speakers: Robert Cole, Rachel Moon
- August 22-23: Anesthesia; Oncology (4 hours on each topic)
Speakers: Anesthesia – Stuart Clark-Price, Erik Hofmeister
Oncology – Noelle Bergman, Stephanie Lindley, Brad Matz
- October 22-24: Annual Conference and J.T. Vaughan Equine Conference
For additional details contact Meredith Smildsin.