Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to providing the highest standard of veterinary medical education. The college is committed not only to training students to become veterinarians but also to providing veterinary practitioners and alumni with opportunities for professional development through high quality, practical continuing education.
Auburn University Veterinary Academy is designed for practitioners looking for more in-depth, intensive continuing education experiences. Members of the academy can attend multiple single focus CE seminars throughout the year, allowing them to gain more comprehensive knowledge of specific areas of veterinary medicine. For the convenience of practitioners traveling from a distance and/or working Saturday hours, seminars will be held from 2-6 p.m. on Saturdays and continue from 8 a.m.-noon on Sundays.
Auburn Vet Med continues to follow the university’s COVID-19 events policies for all in-person continuing education opportunities. Currently, this includes face coverings being required for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, in all campus buildings. We will notify registrants of the most current policy prior to each seminar.
- Quarterly Seminars (eight hours of CE per seminar)
- Annual Conference Registration (20 hours of CE)
- Intensive, practical subject information to take back to your practice
- Opportunities to network with likeminded colleagues committed to seeking high quality continuing education
- Certificate of Completion for each seminar
- Membership Acknowledgement certificate
- Annual Membership Dues $750
- Three weekend seminars
- Full registration access to Annual Conference
- Seminar Times: Saturday, 2-6 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m.-noon
- Boxed Lunch provided on Sunday
- Printed notes for each seminar
- Total of 44 hours of continuing education provided annually
(Single seminar registration options available)
- March 26-27: Neurology
Speakers: Dillon Devathasan, Tom Jukier, Theresa Pancotto, Amy Yanke
- May 14-15: What’s New?: Practical Updates in Small Animal Medicine
(Feline Medicine, Fleas & Ticks, Heartworm, Exotics)
Speakers: Byron Blagburn, Diane Delmain, Seth Oster, Lindsay Starkey
- August 27-28: Emergency & Critical Care
Speakers: Kathy Gerken, Kendon Kuo, PenTing Liao, Maureen McMichael
- October 20-23: Annual Conference & J.T. Vaughan Equine Conference
For additional details contact Meredith Smildsin.