Alumni Advisory Council
The College of Veterinary Medicine Alumni Advisory Council plays an integral role in guiding the college and raising private support for various activities. The council consists of twelve members and three officers. Members are elected for four years on a staggered-term basis, with one-fourth of the terms expiring each year.
The Council also contains non-voting honorary and ex-officio members. Honorary members may serve at the discretion of the dean of the College. Members are selected from Alabama, Kentucky and other states with active alumni. Dean Calvin Johnson meets with the council during the fall and spring and receives insight for college programs, planning and development.
If you are interested in being considered for membership on this board as seats become available, please provide a current curriculum vitae which includes evidence of your support for Auburn University and the College of Veterinary Medicine. In addition, letters of support written by at least two Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine alumni must be received.
Deadline for submission is October 27, 2023.
2023 Advisory Council Members
- Dr. Leonard M. Batey Jr. ’71 – Germantown, Tennessee
- Dr. Joe Ed Conn ’91 – Whites Creek, Tennessee
- Dr. John Steven Copeland ’70 – Algood, Tennessee
- Dr. Randall Davis ’89 – Tuscumbia, Alabama
- Dr. W. Shane Files ‘ 85 – Eustis, Florida
- Dr. Benjamin Franklin ’67 – Florida
- Dr. Beth Anne Frost ’15 – Jacksonville, Florida
- Dr. Donald Goodwin ’78 – Eclectic, Alabama
- Dr. Charles Hart ’85 – Pinson, Alabama
- Dr. Len Jones Jr. ’84 – Shorter, Alabama
- Dr. Lee Ann McGill ’88 – Gulf Shores, Alabama
- Dr. Edward Murray ’73 – Pell City, Alabama
- Dr. Victoria Owens McGrath ’94 – Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Dr. Doug Meckes, ’75 – Apex, North Carolina
- Dr. Kimberly Roberts ’98 – Atlanta, Georgia
- Dr. Alex M. Steverson Jr. ’87 – Tallahassee, Florida
- Dr. Brad Harris ‘90 – ALVMA President
- Dr. Ben Redmon ‘13 – KVMA President
- Del Anderson ’18 – Atlanta, Georgia
- Maggie Canning ’16 – Loveland, Ohio